sábado, julio 05, 2008

a letter to Ann M. Martin

hi. i'm ayodya and i'm 18 years old. i'm currently a medical student at a university in Indonesia.

i am a huge fan -or overly obsessive, according to my brother- of the Baby-Sitters Club series, which you wrote.

i remember the first BSC book i ever read was "Dawn on the coast" when i was 7 years old, and i never stopped reading the series ever since.

i'm originally from Indonesia, but i spent some years of my childhood in America, which is how english became my first fluent language.
i moved back to Indonesia when i was 7 years old. and when i moved back, a daughter of my dad's friend -who was turning 14 years old- gave me a whole box of her book collection, most of it was BSC books.

eventhough we have bookstores that sell imported books here, BSC books are still hard to find. so whenever i got the chance to go to Singapore, i buy every title i haven't read yet.

up until now, i still don't have a complete collection of BSC books, but i'm pretty happy with what i have.

growing up reading BSC really helped me preserve my english all the while i was in Indonesia. i'm STILL in Indonesia, but i can proudly say my english is still pretty fluent. and a lot of that has to do with my obsessive -according to my brother- reading of BSC books.

thanks to the internet, i know the BSC series has ended. although sadly, i haven't been able to get the last book - Graduation Day. i'm still trying to find out if i can find it online, but online shopping here in Indonesia isn't easy.

overall, i just want to say thank you for writing the wonderful BSC series.
and despite my brother says i've outgrown them, i will continue on my obsession on owning every single title, thus finding a way to obtain that last one.

and when i grow up more and get busy being a doctor and marry someone and have kids, i will definitely pass on my BSC books to them. or maybe only to my daughter, because my brother will probably be mortified if a nephew of his also reads BSC books.

warm regards,
ayodya

No hay comentarios: